Thursday, February 10

Sick

Today has the interesting distinction of being both a sick day and a snow day, so I have even more excuses than usual to accomplish precisely nothing.

It's funny: back in the day, when I was but a wee bairn, I LOVED getting sick, because it meant I could stay home from school and curl up on the couch and catch up on my reading and watch movies on HBO... In my unreliable memory, I see myself cozying up to kids who came to school even when they were sick, just so I could infect myself with whatever they had.

Some of the happiest times in my schooling included the second grade, when I had chickenpox, and in the seventh grade when an ear infection kept me home for the better part of a month. I remember lying in bed all night in agony, not wanting to wake up my Mom, so I just lay there waiting until morning, crying silently, enduring...

The weather is rubbish today, so my Tai Chi class will most likely be cancelled, and I'm not entirely displeased about that...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?