Monday, January 31

My Sister, Beth

This is shamelessly recycled from an email to my dear friend Sophie, who wrote something in response to my work in progress about horses.

I wrote:
That horse symbolism is very powerful, very deep. When I was very young, I took riding lessons -- because my sister did. She had a pony named Blaze, then later a horse named Kool. One day, I was bareback on a neighbor's horse in the ring, while my sister guided the horse (Caliph? I think) on a lead line. She said, "I'm going to let out the line more so he can jump." There was a little jump in the center of the ring. Because I was bareback and only had Caliph's silver mane to hold onto, I said, "No, don't." A couple of turns later she did. Caliph went over the jump and I fell off, landing on my arm. Nothing broken, but it knocked the wind out of me.

That was the last time I ever rode.

/memory lane


The fact that I never rode again has NOTHING to do with horses. I still love horses, and I'm not afraid of them.

My arm was not broken in the fall, but my trust was.

I should go riding again someday...

Comments:
Hi Blogger, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on photography portfolio, I ended up on your page. Your My Sister, Beth shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about photography portfolio.
 
Hi Blogger, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on photography senior when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. W hile I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography senior. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about photography senior at the site above.
 
Hi Blogger, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on horse photography when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. W hile I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for horse photography. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about horse photography at the site above.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?