Monday, January 10

Equanimity


Reposted from my journal on deviantART...

"I see you averting your glances
I see you cheering on the war
I see you ignoring your children
And I love you still
And I love you still

I see you altering history
I see you abusing the land
I see you and your selective amnesia
And I love you still
And I love you still

--Alanis Morissette, Choruses from "Still"

Mood: Peaceful
Listening to: "Still" by Alanis Morissette
Reading: "On Photography" by Susan Sontag

A pleasantly peaceful equanimity has emerged. Acceptance, balance, letting go of those things which only cause tension and disturbance. Cravings arise and pass. No big deal.

Yesterday our friend Laura took me to the store called "A.C. Moore" to help me buy mats and frames for the prints I ordered from the devART printing service. We had a lot of fun picking them out -- she usually agonizes over decisions like these, but I quickly found what felt right, and went with them. It doesn't always have to be a struggle. It didn't cost very much, either: 3 mats and 3 frames for under $40 USD.

Hopefully next weekend we can get to doing the actual matting and framing.

Then we went over to her house and I installed some software (Photoshop Elements and Painter Classic) and hardware (an old CD burner and USB harddrive we haven't been using).

Then we picked up takeout and came home to the Sovereign Kingdom of Bunnyland, benevolently ruled over by Queen Gini and King Bri. Laura's fella, Rusty, joined us, and the four of us had great food for dinner (Thai, sushi, and stuff from the health food store).

Rusty had previously burned a CD of themes from TV shows and movies, and we had a rollicking time playing a game of "MediaPedia." (My name for the game, "Vast Wasteland" was summarily voted down. )

Then we played the Alphabet Game (going around in a circle: A is for Argumentative, B is for Blissful, etc.) and "That Reminds Me Of...", the free association game. Much psychological insight could have been garnered, so it's a good thing no mental health professionals were present.

Much gratitude to have such good friends, like-minded companions. They bless this life richly and lavishly.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?