Monday, December 6

More Karuna


From "The Jhanas and the Brahmaviharas" by Lloyd Burton, via Leigh Brasington's website:
[Karuna - Compassion]
May I live with ease and in safety, free from physical affliction.
May I open to any physical suffering in me with courage, caring, and kindness.
May I live with ease, free of physical suffering.
May I live with ease, free of mental anguish.
May I open to any mental suffering in me with courage, caring, and kindness.
May I live with ease, free of mental suffering.
May I live with ease, free of suffering and the roots of suffering.
May I open to the suffering I see in others.
May we open to each other’s suffering with courage, caring, and kindness.
May we live with ease, free of suffering and the roots of suffering.


I'm interested in exploring the consociation of karuna and the sphere of the infinity of space -- for more on that, see Samyutta Nikaya V.46

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?