Saturday, August 28

The Pleasure of Not Having a Backache


A quote attributed to Thich Nhat Hanh is that enlightenment is knowing the pleasure of not having a toothache.

Since last Wednesday, my back was getting progressively worse, until after a week had passed and the following Wednesday or Thursday night it had reached a crescendo of misery. But then something happened. I noticed that when I was lying on my side in bed, by back would start to hurt, but when I rolled over onto my back, it felt better. So I've been trying to keep off my side as much as possible (not easy; it's an old sleeping habit.) And as a result, my back has been much better. Still the usual level of soreness, but a great deal better than the misery it had become.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?