Tuesday, July 6

Invisible Ink


According to the Electronic Press Kit for "Lost In Space," (available in the "Movies" section of aimeemann.com) the song "Invisible Ink" sat around on the back burner for a dozen years because it lacked a bridge.

There comes a time when you swim or sink,
So I jumped in the drink
Cuz I couldn't make myself clear.
Maybe I wrote in invisible ink:
Oh, I've tried to think
How I could've made it appear.
But another illustration is wasted
Cuz the results are the same.
I feel like a ghost who's trying to move your hands over some Ouija board
In the hopes I can spell out my name.
What some take for magic at first glance
Is just sleight of hand depending on what you believe.
Something gets lost when you translate;
It's hard to keep straight.
Perspective is everything.
And I know now which is which and what angle I oughta look at it from.
I suppose I should be happy to be misread --
Better be that than some of the other things I have become.
But nobody wants to hear this tale.
The plot is cliche, the jokes are stale
And baby we've all heard it all before.
Oh, I could get specific but
Nobody needs a catalog
With details of love I can't sell anymore...
And aside from that, this chain of reaction,
Baby, is losing a link.
Though I'd hope you'd know what I tried to tell you
And if you don't, I could draw you a picture in invisible ink
But nobody wants to hear this tale
The plot is cliche, the jokes are stale
And baby we've all heard it all before
Oh I could get specific but
Nobody needs a catalog
With details of love I can't sell anymore...


The line that really twangs me is, "I feel like a ghost who's trying to move your hands over some Ouija board in the hopes I can spell out my name." !Twang!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?