Friday, June 25

"Lost In Space"


Yesterday I tried to buy the special edition CD of Aimee Mann's "Lost In Space" via the store linked to her website. Today I received an email from them saying that the item was back-ordered and maybe I'd get it in one to four weeks.

Nuh uh.

So I called them up and cancelled the order, went to the iTunes music store, bought the non-special edition of the original cd, downloaded the tracks, put them on my iPod and listened to "Lost In Space" during my daily walk through the woods.

Yuh huh.

That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it, uh huh uh huh. Give me digital, please, and spare me the shipping costs, the waiting, and yet another little plastic disc to clutter up the apartment. Give me digital, please; it tastes like the future.

‹/mini-rant›

"Lost In Space" (2002) is another brilliant Aimee Mann record. Very sour and beautiful, literate and sad. The song "Invisible Ink" really hooked me; as soon as it had finished I listened to it again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?