Monday, May 17

Today's Tangents


Today provided a pleasant reminder that I am -- as Gini has noted -- very much of the Carl Rogers "lifetime learning" mindset. I love new information; I still have that instense curiosity about the world. This morning, a stray remark about the UNIX cURL command in a discussion about musical mashups on MonkeyFilter led to learning things about UNIX on the Mac, using the Terminal, as well as spinoffs into The Jargon File, hacker culture (hacker in the good sense of one who loves innovation & exploration)

The Gift was never lost or even diminished -- Dad was utterly wrong about that. And now, with a great computer and all of the Internet available, I can play & learn & explore to my heart's delight.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?