Saturday, May 1

Oh Yeah


Oh yeah, and apparently Asperger's is the new ADD/ADHD, the latest fashionable, wildly overused diagnosis, so kindly disregard my semi-hypochondriacal musings about it. Just trying it on in the store, not actually buying it and taking it home.

Everything


As embarrassingly adolescent as it is to quote rock lyrics in your journal to express how you feel, Alanis' new single, "Everything," does an admirable job of capturing the wonderment & gratitude I feel about Gini, my good lady wife. With appropriate switching of gender, of course as I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a woman (to the best of my recollection, and leaving rebirth out of the discussion...*ahem*).

Everything

I can be an asshole of the grandest kind
I can withold like it's going out of style
I can be the moodiest baby
And you've never met anyone
As negative as I am sometimes

I am the wisest woman you've ever met
I'm the kindest soul with whom you've connected
I have the bravest heart that you've ever seen
And you've never met anyone
As positive as I am sometimes

You see everything
You see every part
You see all my light
And you love my dark
You dig everything
Of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here

I blame everyone else, not my own partaking
My passive agressiveness can be devistating
I'm terrified and mistrusting
And you've never met anyone who's closed down as I am sometimes

You see everything
You see every part
You see all my light
And you love my dark
You dig everything
Of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here

What I resist, persists, and speaks louder than I know
What I resist, you love, no matter how low or high I go

I am the funniest woman that you've ever known
I am the dullest woman that you've ever known
I am the most gorgeous woman that you've ever known
And you've never met anyone as everything as I am sometimes

You see everything
You see every part
You see all my light
And you love my dark
You dig everything
Of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here
And you're still here
And you're still here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?