Tuesday, May 11

Moan, Whimper, Groan


Yesterday Rusty and I spent the afternoon up at the old house, ostensibly just to box up my books and take them to the Old Schuylerville Bookstore for re-selling. The afternoon was long and full of mishap; a lot of painful packing & cleaning -- Rusty did an especially marvelous job of making headway. He seems to be serious about taking us up on our offer to live there as soon as he can make the place habitable. When I went to wet a sponge to clean off an old turntable, I learned there was no water. Downstairs, flipping the switch to restore the pump (something I did innumerable times when Gini and were actually living there) water started spraying everywhere! All over the cellar, all over the bathroom, a deluge. I freaked, panicked, but eventually was able to find the right shutoff valve. Soaked and bedraggled, I must have looked a pretty sad case. Rusty let me the shirt he'd had on under his sweatshirt; what a guy, he'll literally give you the shirt off his back. :-)

Today I'm in an amazing amount of pain, soreness, exhaustion. I wanna do exactly nothing today; even talking to Chris seems like an unnecessary extra thing. But oh well, what can you do.

PS: I'm rethinking my notion of trying to sell the collections of Philip K. DIck books and James Joyce books on eBay. For one thing, the shipping costs would likely be exhorbitant for such heavy boxes of books. And for another thing, my sentimental attachment to these collections turns out to be stronger than I had initially imagined. I have little difficult letting go of all the other stuff we boxed up yesterday (although I did save out all the Thomas Pynchon), but the PKD and JJ stuff, well, those were long phases of my life and... OK, I'll stop trying to justify it, I'm keeping them -- for a while, at least.

Comments:
For the reason that the admin of this site is working, no hesitation very
quickly it will be famous, due to its quality
contents.

Look at my website; Candy Crush Saga Hack
 
If you are going for finest contents like I do, only pay a quick visit this website daily as it gives feature contents, thanks

Here is my webpage Microsoft Office Gratuit
 
Excellent blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring
writers? I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a
paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused .. Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

Here is my web-site pirater Un compte facebook
 
I read this paragraph fully about the difference of newest and preceding technologies, it's awesome article.

Here is my web-site ... Minecraft Crack ()
 
This design is incredible! You certainly know how to keep
a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start
my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than
that, how you presented it. Too cool!

Also visit my website - quality chicken houses ()
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?