Saturday, April 17

Slow Motion Practice


Since I got up this morning, I have been engaged in what I call, for lack of a better term, slow-motion practice. I remember Leigh encouraging this at his retreats -- "Really let yourself slow down." Very slooooooowwww, graceful movements encourage continuity of mindfulness, that form of samadhi called khanika, or momentary concentration. There's a very interesting passage in Amy Schmidt's book about Dipa Ma describing Dipa Ma's moving verrrrrry slooooowly at her initial retreats at the Mahasi Center.

It may be that this slow motion practice and attention to continuity assisted with this morning's very pleasant sitting. This experiment bears repeating.

I like going slowly, it's very conducive to tranquility.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?