Sunday, January 25

Sweeping, Metta, Karuna, Frida


The day began with a very slow, very detailed sweeping meditation in the prone position.

~ 1h30m, metta turned into karuna. The phrase "May I/you be free from suffering and its causes" soon truncated into "May I/you be free from suffering." A definite jolt, shiver, charge when seeing that, just as I suffer when hatred is present in me, so does everybody else suffer when hatred is present in them. And there's a lot of hatred in the world.

Samadhi was wobbly throughout, most likely due to bad blood sugar. Hey, what do I expect; I've been up since 7am and all I've eaten was one of those Atkins bars...

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've endured in a long time. I thought I'd already made it through the worst of the storms, but then yesterday... yuck. Thank goodness for Gini; she really reeled me back in.

Last night, we finally watched our DVD of Frida. I loved it as much as I did the first time I saw it (up in the P.C. auditorium in June of last year).


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?