Thursday, January 29

Like a Bell to a Southerly Wind



While not even coming close to smell's power to engage the memory, a song from the past has abilities of it's own, owing to the additional involvement of identification and emotional resonance.

Take "Love and Anger" by Kate Bush, downloaded from the iTunes Music Store, and it's 1990 all over again. Not that that's a good thing, by any stretch of the definition of the word good, but it is an amazing song. Too quirky to be anthemic, but it soars.

It lay buried here. It lay deep inside me.
It's so deep I don't think that I can speak about it.
It could take me all of my life,
But it would only take a moment to

Tell you what I'm feeling,
But I don't know if I'm ready yet.

--Kate Bush, "Love and Anger"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?