Tuesday, November 11

Sally called to say that she woke up not feeling well & would be staying in bed. Soon thereafter, Bernie called to ask if the group was on, and when I said it was, he said he might or might not come. There's a Veteran's Day observance in the Piazza. I encouraged Gini not to bother getting up & coming to the sitting group today, either. I determined to stay for 10 minutes, until 2:40. I got there, arranged a few chairs in a circle, and did walking meditation. A gentleman who I believe is called Jim (not sure) showed up, but didn't want to be the only one. I couldn't persuade him to stay despite my best efforts to do so. So he left, and then I left, and now here I am.

It's amazing how freeing it is when you surrender your desires. Today I still feel really happy (see this morning's enjoyable meditation), and the fact that the sitting group was a bust doesn't bother me. Funny. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?