Wednesday, November 19

Just before starting my morning meditation: something different today, I'm going to be doing a forgiveness meditation Bhante Vimalaramsi gave me...

I forgive myself for making mistakes...
I forgive myself for not understanding...
I forgive myself for ever breaking a precept...
I forgive myself for being impatient.

Bhante Vimalaramsi: After mind settles down you may have a memory arise of someone who caused lots of pain to arise with you. Now see that person in your minds eye, look them straight in the eye and mentally say, "I forgive you for causing me pain" then relax and go back to your heart and radiate forgiveness to yourself and to the other person. When mind becomes distracted again, go back to that person and mentally say: 'I forgive you for not understanding" then relax and redirect mind back to the heart. Another distraction pulls mind away then go back to that person [remember to look them straight in the eye] and say: "I forgive you completely". Now after doing this for about 20 minutes or longer {for as long as you feel comfortable doing this], you can finish up the sitting by looking at this other person in the eye, and hear them say, "I forgive you completely, too!"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?