Saturday, November 8

I write this early, before my morning meditation. It is Uposatha Day.

Finally (2 days late) responded to Khanti-Khema's email about providing the requisites to Bhante Vimalaramsi, offering to buy some things at netgrocer.com and have them delivered. Also asked, "where's the nearest bus station to the Center?" Dhammasukha is in Missouri, and a bus ride would take a little over a day. I was thinking, hey, when Gini and her mom go to Florida in late-January / early February, maybe I could go take the bus out to Dhammasukha. But I didn't say that, thinking it was better to leave it non-specific; I just asked where the nearest bus station was, so I can check out the fares.

Jeff wrote recently to say he'd received the copy I sent him of Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi's translation of the Samyutta Nikaya, "The Connected Discourses of the Buddha." Such generosity should best be regarded as an adornment for the mind, an ornament & support for the mind. I offered to buy "The Connected Discourses" for Jeff because of something Ayya Khema said in the talk I transcribed for Leigh Brasington: if you don't like somebody, give them a present! And, amazingly, she was right; I guess dislike and generosity cannot co-exist in the mind at the same time. Thank goodness.

Also, Daeja Napier finally wrote back to me. Very happy. I kind of suspected that her silence was due to her teaching and retreat schedule, but still it's a great relief. Feeling ignored is a very unpleasant feeling indeed. She sends "oceans of metta" to me and to Gini, and asked that I contact her again sometime after December 16th to set up a phone interview. :-)

I think I'm going to send the transcript of the Ayya Khema talk on metta to Leigh again, just to make sure it didn't get lost in the shuffle.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?